Suicide - Case Studies
See also a listing of studies related to the abortion and suicide connection
Self-Aware Reports of Suicidal Behavior Following Abortion
There are countless testimonies and surveys of women in which women with a history of abortion attribute suicidal thoughts and behavior to their abortions. In a survey of 260 who self-identified themselves as having a history of difficulty coping with a past abortion, 56% reported experiencing suicidal feelings after the abortion, 28% attempted suicide, and of those who attempted suicide, 53% made more than one attempt.
NOTE: Abortion proponents who deny the abortion suicide connection are in the odd position of having to deny that women are self-aware enough to actually understand their true feelings and motives behind suicidal behavior. Below are some documented cases of suicidal behavior which was clearly caused, triggered, or aggravated by abortion.
Emma Beck, aged 30, a well known British artist committed suicide by hanging following the abortion of twins in February 21 of 2007. Her suicide note, in part read:
- “Living is hell for me. I should never have had an abortion.
- "I see now I would have been a good mum. I told everyone I didn’t want to do it, even at the hospital.
- "I was frightened, now it is too late. I died when my babies died.
- "I want to be with my babies: they need me, no-one else does."
According to her mother, Emma only consented to the abortion to satisfy her boyfriend. Sylvia Beck wrote to the hospital after her daughter's death
- "I want to know why she was not given the opportunity to see a counsellor.
- "She was only going ahead with the abortion because her boyfriend did not want the twins.
- "I believe this is what led Emma to take her own life - she could not live with what she had done."
- Jade Rees, age 21, committed suicide on November 3, 2015 after leaving a suicide note for her parents and two-year-old son explaining that she was unable to handle an abortion just two weeks earlier.
- Charlotte Coursier, 2014. "Oxford student found hanged after splitting up with her boyfriend endured a 'campaign of harassment' by college lecturer as well as abortion heartache" Read more: in the Daily Mail and Express India
A St. Louis Circuit Court jury will begin deliberations today in a wrongful-death suit involving a 14-year-old girl who committed suicide just weeks after having an abortion at a clinic in St. Louis. The civil suit was filed in 1987 by Geneva Eidson of St. Louis. She alleges that the clinic, Reproductive Health Services Inc., was negligent in not obtaining psychiatric information about her daughter, Sandra Kaiser, before the girl underwent an abortion in October 1984.
- Jiah Khan. text of Jiah Khan’s ‘suicide’ note
- "From Suicide to Conversion: Recovering From an Abortion" by Jewels Green
- In a tell-all biography, Australian celebrity Charlotte Dawson blamed an abortion in 2000 (to satisfy the career priorities of her husband)for the onset of her ongoing battle with depression. In 2014, the battle ended when she committed suicide. (See "Charlotte Dawson: Haunted to the end by her inner demons" The Telegraph News. and "Charlotte Dawson Australia’s Next Top Model Judge Dead" Liberty Voice, Feb 22, 2014)
- "I am going to die, sorry": Pregnant mum's final texts to husband and lover she couldn't choose between Daily Mirror. Feb 06, 2013
- After becoming pregnant during her extra-marital affair, Tammy Paterson, 24, hanged herself at home days before she was due to have an abortion.
suicide note suicide notes suicide letter